You are here
Weill Cornell Pathology Consultation Services
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is home to one of the busiest and most experienced pathology consultation services in the United States. Our pathologists are subspecialty trained, setting us apart from other pathology laboratories. The expertise of Weill Cornell pathologists is widely sought by external pathologists, clinicians, and patients requesting an expert consultation in pathology.
Referring physicians and patients benefit from:
- Consultation and case review with diagnostic experts in various subspecialties of pathology
- Direct communication with the pathologist and guidance on appropriate management
- Intradepartmental peer-review quality assurance program; Quality practice
- State-of-the-art, full service laboratories including immunohistochemistry and molecular analysis
- Coordination of specimen transport via local messenger or overnight carrier
- Rapid turnaround time (24-48 hours)
Our subspecialized pathology consultation services include:
- Breast Pathology
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Perinatal and Obstetrical Pathology
- Renal Pathology
If you are a patient, you will need to submit your surgical pathology slides, the related pathology reports, and a completed Consultation Request form to the contact person listed on the individual sub-specialty consultation page. Please select the relevant link above for details. You can also call 212-746-2700 between 9:00am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Weill Cornell's pathologists have been consistently recognized in New York Magazine's "Best Doctors in New York" issue and Castle Connolly's renowned America's Top Doctors-New York Metro Area Edition.